Thursday 19 July 2012

My lucky day, A phone call with Dannii Minogue... :D

Hi there. 


As I'm typing this I am currently recovering from a fans point of view, an amazing day.
It started at around 6.55AM where I woke up randomly and had to do a quick scramble to my laptop to set it up to listen to Dannii Minogue on the Australian radio station 'Fox FM' particularly for the 'Fifi And Jules' show which Dannii was co-hosting. 
On the show they were talking about different kinds of stories and I wondered if us, in the UK, could submit our stories, and who better to ask than the co-host Dannii? I tweeted her asking and she replied back with 'yup!'. I was so shocked and happy that I got a reply from her.
So I lay in bed thinking of what story I could say to her over twitter, and scrolled through my timeline, when the show she was co-hosting tweeted me asking if I could follow them so they could DM me, incase you're not on twitter, that means to direct message, like an inbox.
I then followed them waiting for my DM which said, whats your number and where do you live? I was so shocked. I sat there staring at it for a few minutes reading everyone's tweets saying that I was going to go live on air and that people on twitter who were streaming around the world and of course the Australian tweeps would hear me on the radio station. How exciting? 
After a few minutes I finally DM'd them. About 20 minutes after one of the people who worked a"behind the scenes" at the radio station phoned me and asked if I wanted to speak live on the show and that would mean I would get to speak to Dannii. Of course I was going to say yes and they asked if I would be able to talk about London, with the olympics coming up. I could not believe I was on the phone to Australia for a start but when they told me I would speak to Dannii I went into a complete meltdown and got so excited.
They then told me they would ring back in 15 minutes or so. That gave me enough time to think of what to say before I spoke to them.
Sure enough after 15 minutes they did ring back double checking me with what to say. Then they put me on live. 
I sat there shaking as I heard Dannii speak, sitting in my living room, on the complete opposite side of the world, live on their radio, talking to Dannii Minogue.
It was so difficult to hear what they were saying because the line was so muffled, but I tried my hardest to understand.




As soon as I came of the phone to the studio the woman that is "behind the scenes" at the radio station congratulated me on becoming famous is Australia. That did make me laugh. You could also say that this was the best start to a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment